Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sinha Stout Review


Sinha Stout is one of those beers that I eye every time I go to an LCBO store, but don't buy for months until I really, really want to try something different. I think this should qualify as cheap beer since it costs only $2.00 and is 8.8% ABV.

The beer is very dark brown in color, almost black and pours with a medium to thick tan head, which takes its sweet time receding. On the nose are notes of chocolate, coffee, raisins and dried fruits. The taste is much better than expected with the sweetness of the fruits at the start and the coffee/dark chocolate bitterness at the end. The finish is dry, medium to long with pleasant bitter notes of chocolate and coffee. I am surprised at how good this stout is, and the price is just great. The beer gets better with each sip, which something very unique with cheaper beers. The alcohol taste does not get stronger and the 8.8% is masked nicely. I can guarantee that you will not find a better stout for this price in the province of Ontario. In fact, you will probably not find a much better one for any price in the province. This beer is an all around surprise. Excellent job Lion Brewery, I will buy this again.

Scores:
Cost - $2.00 CAD for a 330 mL bottle
Taste - 8.2/10

Overall - 8.4/10...I just need to give it that extra 0.2 for the surprisingly low price/taste combination

No comments:

Post a Comment