Thursday, March 10, 2011

Jack Daniel's Iced Tea Whiskey Beverage Review


Today I am feeling like something different, which is why I am cracking open a 4 pack of Jack Daniel's Iced Tea Whiskey Beverage. I got the 4 pack from the sale rack at an LCBO for 20% off, which brought it under $8. The last time I tried a beverage from this Jack Daniel's line, I rather liked it, so I am looking forward to trying this one.

The iced tea beverage looks like an iced tea when poured in a clear glass, which is a great start. From afar you can tell that there is booze in this iced tea due to the strong whiskey smell. Once you get past the whiskey scent, you can detect some earthy, tea notes. The taste is pretty solid. You get an initial unsweetened tea taste, followed by some sweetness and whiskey at the end. Yeah, it does sound weird, but the start of the drink is much like unsweetened iced tea. The finish is a blend of sweet, earthy iced tea and whiskey. The sweetness does build up over time and you will probably have problems finishing the 4 pack in a single sitting unless you really stretch the sitting. Overall, I also enjoyed this beverage, but I think I much prefer the taste of Jack and Coke.

Scores:
Cost - $8 for a 4 pack on sale, or $9.95 regular
Taste - 8.2/10
ABV - 6%

Overall - 8.2/10...a solid pre-mixed drink

No comments:

Post a Comment