Saturday, November 28, 2009

Gösser Beer Review


Tonight I am having some sausages so I decided to pair my meal with a cheap Austrian beer. I would have gone for a German one, but it was late and I did not feel like going out. The can of Gösser cost me only $1.95 CAD.

As expected, the beer is light to medium yellow in color and pours with a creamy and lacy head which recedes quickly. It has the common light and malty aroma, but with a slight citrus twist and a touch of hops. Its taste is malty and much lighter than expected. The taste does not come in until the finish, which is hoppy and on the bitter side. Towards the end of the can I was experiencing a sour taste build up, similar to the one you get from drinking beverages with citric acid. This really helped the clean aftertaste, but it was a very weird thing to experience from a beer. Overall the beer is very light and easy drinking, but lacks character.

Scores:
Cost - $1.95 CAD for a 500 mL can
Taste - 6.5/10

Overall - 6.5/10...I would sometimes give beers 0.2 extra if they are cheap and deserve it, but this is nothing exceptional. It is still better than many of the domestic brews

No comments:

Post a Comment