Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spinelli Malbec 2007 Review


It is Easter evening and all I have left from the long weekend is a cheap bottle of Italian Malbec. I am saying cheap, because this bottle costs only $7.45 CAD at the LCBO, which is cheaper than the cheapest Malbecs I have bought in the past. Unlike all the previous ones I have tried, this Malbec is from Italy and not South America.

The wine has a deep ruby red color with purple hues. The aroma is surprisingly inviting for a cheap wine with sweet jammy strawberry and blackcurrant notes with a spicy twist. The taste does not come off as intense at first but develops in the mouth. The flavour is similar to the aroma only more subtle. The end is spicy and the finish is slightly fruity. Overall this is a fantastic cheap red wine that can compare to the slightly more expensive Malbecs. The wine is so cheap that I won't hesitate to use it for cooking. I like it.

Scores:
Cost - $7.45 CAD for a 750 mL bottle
Taste - 7.9/10

Overall - 8/10...I am feeling generous and giving it an extra 0.1 for the low price

No comments:

Post a Comment