Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mill Street Pilsner Review


It's Pilsner time. This is the 5th beer from the sampler I got last week. The only one that's left after this, is the Stock Ale. A 6 pack of the Pilsner costs...well...I wish I could tell you how much it costs, but the LCBO do not sell Mill Street Pilsner except for in the sampler packs. The Beer Store also doesn't sell it. Hmmm...this is interesting.

The Pilsner is copper/amber in color. It smells sweet, a bit fruity. It is medium bodied, tastes sweet but finishes hoppy. The immediate aftertaste is sweet, but it soon fades and gives way to the taste of hops. Finishing the bottle left a very clean taste and if I had another bottle, I would definitely go for it. This is a very good pilsner, but it is a shame that it is only available in the sampler pack.

Scores:
Cost - $12.75 CAD for the sampler pack
Taste - 8.2/10

Overall - 8.3/10...I would give it a 0.1 for the pleasant surprise

No comments:

Post a Comment