Friday, September 4, 2009

Leffe Blonde Review


We were having some guests over so I went to LCBO to get some beers. While I was there I got something for myself before the guests arrived. I wanted to get a Leffe Blonde, but they didn't have single bottles, so I picked one from a 6 pack. I don't remember how much I paid for it, but the LCBO website says that a single bottle costs $2.45 CAD. It is a bit more expensive than other beers considering that for the same price you can get a pretty good beer in a 500 mL can.

The beer is copper in color, a color a bit darker than the one on the label. It pours with a thick, creamy foam and the head takes around 2 minutes to settle to a about a finger length leaving some lacing. Swirl it a bit and pleasant, sweet, fruity aromas will be noticed. Let it sit for a while and get a slightly ferrous/wheaty smell. The beer is full bodied and tastes sweet with hints of fruit. Set the beer aside for a few minutes, and a slight banana aftertaste will come your way. Excellent tasting beer. It was much easier to drink than I originally thought. Mind you, this beer is 6.6% ABV.

Scores:
Cost - $2.45 CAD per bottle or $14.55 for a 6 pack
Taste - 8.8/10

Overall - 8.8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment