Friday, December 11, 2009

Dunavar Muscat Ottonel 2008 Review


It has been a while since I have reviewed a wine on this blog so I decided that it is time to try one. Today I am having a glass of Dunavar Muscat Ottonel 2008, which is a very cheap white wine at only $8.35 CAD per bottle. I don't know much about wine, but I will try my best to describe the experience.

I generally don't like wine bottles with screw tops because I enjoy the sound the cork makes when you first open the bottle. But then, screw tops come in handy when you don't have an opener near-by. The wine has a floral, slightly sweet aroma with a citrus twist. The taste is light, dry and slightly tart with hints of fruits. The finish develops quickly and the taste lingers for a while. Overall, this is a very cheap and enjoyable light tasting wine.

Scores:
Cost - $8.35 CAD for a 750 mL bottle
Taste - 7.3/10

Overall - 7.5/10...this gets plus 0.2 for the very low price

No comments:

Post a Comment