Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Long Flat Shiraz 2008 Review


It is that time of the month when I try something other than beer. Of course that is a lie since the last review I posted wasn't a beer one. It is more than once per month that I crave something different. Today I have a bottle of Long Flat Shiraz 2008 that I picked up for $11.95 CAD from the LCBO. That isn't the cheapest Shiraz one can buy nor it is the most expensive one. You can certainly have plenty of choices for around that price. Now lets have a glass.

The wine has a very dark and deep red color. It has an inviting aroma, one with hints of cherries and berries. The aroma is sweet and reminds me a lot of strawberry jam. The taste is similar, but not as sweet as the aroma. There is an intense berry taste, which is neither tart nor sour. Overall the wine is fairly smooth and has a pleasant warm, slightly dry finish. This isn't a bad Shiraz and there are many other ones which are both more expensive and not as enjoyable. I, myself, am more of a malbec fan, but do like to try different types of wine.

Scores:
Cost - $11.95 CAD for a 750 mL bottle
Taste - 7.9/10

Overall - 7.9/10...great taste, decent price

No comments:

Post a Comment