Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pascual Toso Merlot 2007 Review


This is the second wine I have had in the past week. The wine is from Argentina and a bottle of it costs $12.95 CAD from LCBO.

The wine has a deep cherry/cranberry red color and a pleasant sweet aroma. Sweet and sour hints of berries and chocolate can be detected. The taste is equally pleasant and some additional earthy notes emerge. The wine is different from many of the other red wines I have had in the past with its chocolate and earthy notes which enhance the already pleasant experience. The 14.2% ABV is very well hidden by the bouquet of flavour. I know this is a short review, but there is not much I can say. Overall I enjoyed the wine and will purchase it again in the future.

Scores:
Cost - $12.95 CAD
Taste - 8/10

Overall - 8/10...great wine, offers a different experience without compromising the taste or aroma

No comments:

Post a Comment