Thursday, March 25, 2010

Greene King IPA Review


Look at that bottle and color. How can you say no to this combination? Oh yeah, once you see the price - $3.50, then you might say "no" or "I will think about it".

From the photo you can see that the beer is medium brown in color with some red tones. It pours with virtually no head, just a white ring. The aroma is almost typical for IPAs except that it is not as strong as some other ones I have tried. It is flowery with some hints of malt and hops. The flavour is much stronger than the aroma with the presence of sweet malt and hops towards the end. The finish is medium, bitter, hoppy, biscuity and slightly dry. This is a solid beer with a rich flavour and a satisfying finish, but I will have to deduct some points for the price.

Scores:
Cost - $3.50 CAD for a 500 mL bottle
Taste - 8.4/10

Overall - 8.3/10...I said I will have to deduct some points

No comments:

Post a Comment