Monday, December 26, 2011

Fat Tire Amber Ale Review


So this is the best I could do tonight (OK, this comes from the depths of one of my laptops from about a month ago, but better late than never). I walked into what seemed a giant convenience store with a good number of upright fridges only to find out that half of them were filled with soda bottles and the other half with bud/bud-light. Among all the macro domestics was a smaller domestic I recognized - a 6 pack of a Fat Tire.  I am not a huge fan of this style of beer...but gotta try what you can't find at the LCBO.

The beer has a light copper color and pours with a short head with a short retention time and very little lacing. The aroma has a lot of toasted grains a hint of nuts and very little of anything else. The taste is very enjoyable and reminds me of eating fresh bread. There are some hops, but in the focus is on the malt. The finish is malty with some nuts and a very light hoppy twist with just a pinch of citrus. Even though I don't enjoy amber ales, I could see myself having a few of these - it is light, yet drinkable with a very decent flavour.

Scores:
Cost - $9.99
Taste - 6.9/10
ABV - 5.2%

Overall - 6.9/10...malty with a light citrus twist

No comments:

Post a Comment