Thursday, May 31, 2012

Duff Beer Review


Yes, THE Duff beer. I came across a bunch in a liquor store just off the highway when I was in Tasmania last year and quickly grabbed one to sample. Since I was on the road I took notes on my phone, which apparently failed to sync properly and now my Evernote account has no traces of some of the notes I took on the road...but I remember some things.

The beer was surprisingly easy to drink and enjoyable. It has a light to medium golden color and pours with a decent head. It was malty and moderately sweet with little to no hop taste. There was a very subtle adjunct flavour which did not deter me from finishing the beer and wishing I had another. Drinking one these cold was a treat and it felt like it was a pretty decent German-style lager and not a cheap tasting novelty brew. I definitely recommend it.

Scores:
Cost - $3-$4
Taste - 6/10
ABV -

Overall - 6/10...decent flavour for a novelty beer...some might say it tastes better than most macrobrews

No comments:

Post a Comment