Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Revolution Red Review


I was in the mood for some wine today so I swung by the nearest LCBO and browsed the cheap reds. I like how the LCBO puts small tags next to the prices with 2-3 words on how the wine tastes. This helped me settle on something that was called "full bodied and smooth" for only $10.95.

The Big Bold Red Red Revolution wine has a very deep ruby/purple color and has a fantastic strong, yet mellow aroma filled with jammy berry notes, plums, spices and oak. The wine is impressively smooth for something so cheap. The flavour is mellow and has more of the sweet berry and plum notes while the finish is warm, a touch spicy with oak hints. I found this wine to be extremely enjoyable and has to be the best cheap wine I have ever had. Highly recommended!!!

Scores:
Cost - $10.95
Taste - 9/10
ABV - 13.5%

Overall - 9.1/20...gets an extra 0.1 for its low cost/high enjoyment ratio

No comments:

Post a Comment