Sunday, August 9, 2009

Waterloo Wheat Review


I have been a big fan of the Waterloo Dark beer for a few years now and when I saw this new one, I rushed the display and picked up a few at $2.25 CAD per can. I think the Waterloo beers experienced a price drop because I remember they used to cost $2.50 CAD up until now. Waterloo Wheat is brewed by Brick, a brewery whose other, self titled brews, I don't enjoy much.

Waterloo Wheat tastes like a mix of 90% Rickard's White and 10% Edelweiss Snowfresh White Weissbier. It possesses the refreshing taste of Rickard's White with the slight wheat undertone of Edelweiss. It is slightly more carbonated than either one which results in a very nice, thick head. The citrus notes are easily noticed both while drinking the beer and in the aftertaste. The aftertaste is very clean and refreshing, 100% Rickard's White. Adding a slice of orange boosts
the taste and makes for a very enjoyable summer beer. Excellent addition to the Waterloo brand.

Scores:
Cost - 9.1/10
Taste - 8.2/10

Overall - 17.3/20...a great Rickard's White alternative with the slight wheat taste of Edelweiss

No comments:

Post a Comment