Thursday, September 24, 2009

Old Speckled Hen Review


Yea, I got a bottle of Old Speckled Hen today and some steaks for dinner. A 500 mL bottle costs $3.50 CAD at LCBO, but it is on sale at the moment for $3.25 CAD. I know, LCBO does not have the best sales.

The beer is amber in color with a brown hue and pours with a one to two finger thick head, which goes down in a few minutes leaving almost no lacing. On the nose are are a hint of roasted malt and perhaps coffee. The taste is malty and rich. The finish is very pleasant - dry and bitter. Hoppy flavours linger for a while creating a memorable experience. This was an absolutely fantastic beer, worth the money.

I know the photo looks a bit boring and having a full bottle would have looked nicer, but I prefer to drink my beers first then make photos.

Scores:
Cost - $3.50 CAD regular, on sale at the moment for $3.25 CAD
Taste - 8.9/10

Overall - 8.9/10...a bit steep, but an excellent beer

No comments:

Post a Comment