Thursday, October 29, 2009

Affligem Dubbel Review


I had the worst time opening this bottle. Nothing happened when I popped the cap off, but when I turned around to toss it in the garbage, foam started pouring out of the bottle. I managed to grab it from my desk and suck some of it, but much of it spilled over my hands and the desk. Now, that's nothing, as soon as I wiped some of the foam off and put the bottle down, more foam started coming out. I kept sucking the foam, but more was coming out slowly. I had to run for a glass or else a lot of the beer would have been wasted. The worst part was that the foam was coming out slowly and continuously.

The beer is dark copper in color with red hues and pours with a short to medium head, which quickly recedes to a small island in the middle of the glass. It is actually very foamy if you were to swirl the glass. Just after 2-3 swirls I got more foam than I poured it with. The scent is very sweet and fruity. The beer is actually quite bubbly which makes it slightly creamy. It has sweet fruity hints and an excellent dry, medium finish. This beer has a very unique and excellent finish, but the nose and palate are quite average for such a brew.

Scores:
Cost - $2.75 for a 330 mL
Taste - 7.9/10

Overall - 8/10...a bonus 0.1 for the excellent finish

No comments:

Post a Comment