Thursday, October 8, 2009

Caledonian 80/- Beer Review


I bought this one when I picked up Fuller's ESB for $2.60 CAD from LCBO. This one was on sale, $0.20 off, not the greatest of sales, but it surely brought the price down into my favorite price range - $2.00 - $2.75.

Pours deep amber in color with a very thick, creamy head which takes a few minutes to recede to a thin layer, leaving some lacing. The aroma is flowery and sweet. It tastes of toasted malt, caramel and a bit of spices at the end. The finish is bitter, long and hoppy. This is a great beer, but as I continued drinking it, I couldn't help notice that something was missing. After I had a third of the can, the taste was just not as satisfying as when I first started drinking it. The slightly sweet flavour had disappeared and now the beer tasted a bit plain. It still had the same great finish though.

Scores:
Cost - $2.80 CAD for a 500 mL can. I got mine on sale for $2.60
Taste - 7.9/10

Overall - 7.9/10...I was going to give it a higher rating, but by the end of the can I had changed my mind. A 7.9 should be enough

No comments:

Post a Comment