Thursday, November 12, 2009

Creemore Springs Traditional Pilsner Review


When I bought the Pabst Blue Ribbon, I thought it would be a good idea to get something else and boy am I glad I did. I barely had a quarter of the beer when I decided it wasn't worth it and dumped it down the drain. I refilled my glass with a pint of Creemore Springs Traditional Pilsner, brewed in Creemore, Ontario. The beer retails for $2.60 CAD, which is in a very competitive price range.

The beer is gold in color and pours almost without a head. It doesn't have a very rich aroma, just some hops with a touch of malt in the background. The taste is similar - very hoppy but flowery with hints of honey. The finish is the same, but the hop taste is much bolder. I am not a huge fan of these kinds of beers, so I cannot give it a high score. I admit that this is an OK brew, but for the price you can get some excellent beers with a lot more to offer.

Scores:
Cost - $2.60 for a 473 mL can
Taste - 6/10

Overall - 6/10...decent local brew, but the price is a bit steep for what it really is

No comments:

Post a Comment