Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pabst Blue Ribbon Review


Why did I buy this? Oh yeah, I wanted to try some really cheap beers. This beer costs just $1.85 for a 473 mL can.

The beer is light yellow in color and pours like a soft drink with a thick, very bubbly head, which recedes in no time. The aroma is not very beer-like, I would say that it smells more like a cider than a beer. Hints of corn and rice with a very distant, very weak hints of malt. The taste is worse than the aroma - like a diluted mediocre beer. I could say the taste is malty, but I would be lying. There is a bitter hop taste towards the end, but it is so bland that the finish barely qualifies as hoppy. On the plus side, the finish takes a few minutes to develop into an OK one. Overall the beer is very bland and it gets worse with every sip. If you can afford to pay $1.85 for a can of this beer, I am sure you can afford another $0.10 or $0.15 and get something that tastes like a beer, not this crap.

Scores:
Cost - $1.85 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 3/10

Overall - 2/10...what was I thinking giving this a 3/10?

No comments:

Post a Comment