Monday, February 22, 2010

Peeler Premium Light Cider Review


It has a been a very long time since we have reviewed a cider on this blog so I decided to do something about this. A couple of weeks ago I got a 4 pack of a local cider produced in Thornbury, Ontario. The 4 pack costs $11.95 CAD, which is a bit steep for four 341 mL bottles.

This cider is not like anything I have ever had. Its color is pale yellow with a tint of light green almost like white wine or champagne. For a light cider, the aroma is quite strong. The taste is strong, but not as strong as some other ciders I have had. It is quite bubbly, which gives it a very soft drink-like feel. With the help of the carbonation, the finish is crisp and a touch dry. This is a great introductory cider for people who have never had any before. I would buy it again, but I will check my bank account before splurging $12 on only 4 bottles.

Scores:
Cost - $11.95 CAD for a 4 pack of 341 mL bottles
Taste - 7.8/10

Overall - 7.8/10...great introductory cider with champagne/sparkling wine-like properties

No comments:

Post a Comment