We Have Moved

Check us out at our new home at www.whatidrinkathome.com

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Double Hopped Christoffel Beer Review


It has been about 10 days since my last beer review, so I decided to do another one...just to keep things rolling. Today I am having a bottle of Christoffel Bier, which can be found on some LCBO shelves and only occasionally...at least where I live. A bottle will set you back $3.05, which is not too bad. Also, I am a sucker for swing tops.

The beer is cloudy with a light amber/honey color. It pours with an inch thick creamy and lacy head, which slowly recedes. The aroma is very rich and flavourful with a ton of hops and some lighter flowery and sweet notes. The taste is pretty damn good and starts off slightly sweet, but the hops quickly take over. A taste of honey and subtle rose notes can be noticed, but as mentioned, they are quickly killed by the hops. This beer is hoppy! The finish is...well...hoppy, dry and bitter. I am a huge hops fan so this is like ambrosia to me. A fantastic beer, 100% recommended.

Scores:
Cost - $3.05 CAD for a 330 mL, swing top bottle
Taste - 8.9/10

Overall - 8.9/10...hoppy and good

No comments:

Post a Comment