Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dieu du Ciel Blanche du Paradis Review


It is taking me a long time to go through my beer stock, but at least the progress is steady. Today I have one of Dieu du Ciel's beers - a wheat beer brewed with spices.

As many other similarly brewed wheat beers, this one is cloudy, has a pale amber/straw color and pours with a very thin head. I didn't have to wait for long for the aroma of cloves and coriander to hit me across my desk. It is that strong. There are some secondary notes like citrus and some bananas. The taste is just as intense with the clove and coriander being the dominant flavours. Citrus, bananas and bubblegum are also noticeable, but not as much. Once the beers goes down and the spices die down a little, the pleasant hoppy finish comes. Man, oh man, does it have a rich and flavourful finish - hoppy, spicy and bittersweet. Excellent wheat beer. Will buy it again.

Scores:
Cost - $2.95 CAD for a 341 mL bottle
Taste - 8.8/10

Overall - 8.9/10...I just have to give it an extra 0.1 for the overall balance and finish

No comments:

Post a Comment