Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dieu du Ciel Derniere Volonte Review


I am continuing with the reviews of the latest Dieu du Ciel batch of beers at the LCBO and today I have with me the last of the 3, which should be a good one since it is an Abbey-style blond ale.

The beer is deep amber in color and pours with a thin, but very dense head. Being bottle conditioned, there are sediments and the beer is cloudy. The aroma is sweet with notes of dried fruits, bubblegum, herbs and malt. I was expecting the taste to be as sweet, but it's not. It starts off hoppy and spicy, but ends on a sweeter, fruitier/herbal note. The finish is warm, dry and bittersweet. This is a strong beer, but its strength is subtle and can only be felt towards the end of the bottle...and in the head.

Scores:
Cost - $3.25
Taste - 8.8/10

Overall - 8.9/10...I give it an extra 0.1 for the surprisingly not so sweet taste

No comments:

Post a Comment