Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grand River Brewing Plowman's Ale Review


Last week I had the new Pugnacious Pale Ale so this week I am catching up with a review of the Plowman's Ale, which has been for sale for some time now.

The beer pours with a very deep amber color with quite a bit of red hues. The head is off-white and minimal. The aroma is surprisingly hoppy with notes of sweet dried fruits and a bit of toasted malt. The taste is dominated by toasted malt with very little pine, a touch of hops and some fruits way at the back, towards the end of each sip which give the beer just a tiny bit of sweetness. The finish is bittersweet with more of the toasted malt, some sweetness from the dried fruits and a touch of bitter citrus. Comparing this to the Pugnacious Ale, I have to say that I like this one much better.

Scores:
C0st - $3.10
Taste - 7.9/10
ABV - 4.7%

Overall - 8/10...I give it an extra 0.1 for the nice toasted finish

No comments:

Post a Comment