Thursday, November 24, 2011

Beau's Nightmarzen Oktoberfest Lager Review


I know the label says "Oktoberfest Lager", but unlike many other beers that sometimes spend weeks in my fridge, I picked this up just a couple of days ago from the local LCBO and no, it wasn't an old batch. This particular batch was bottles less than 2 weeks ago.

The beer has a very nice amber color and pours with a thick, creamy head with a very good retention time and decent amount of lacing. As expected, the aroma is very lager-like, but unlike your macrobrews, there are some roasted notes in addition to the cereal. The taste is very rich for a lager, yet the beer is refreshing and very easy to drink. Your tongue is met by a combination of caramel sweetness and roasted notes which soon is joined by a light cereal taste and some bittering hops towards the finish. The finish is semi-dry, a bit bitter with a hint of caramel. Overall, this is a lager I can drink a lot of.

Scores:
Cost - $4.35
Taste - 7.9/10
ABV - 5.5%


Overall - 7.9/10...this is a lager I like and I am not a huge lager fan

No comments:

Post a Comment