Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Coors Light Iced T Review


Coors Light mixed with Iced Tea? Well it is not as crazy as it sounds. Beer cocktails have been a part of drink menus for some time now and are becoming even more popular. In fact I have been mixing Fruli with cider for years to give it a bite and some extra %%%.

I wasn't even aware of this being on the market until a friend of mine told me about it. Following our conversation I picked up a can which I forgot about until now. That meant that it was nice and cold when I took it out of the fridge - the perfect temperature these beverages were made to be consumed at.

When I emptied the can into a pint glass, the first thing I noticed was the light amber color as a result of the iced tea addition. To be honest, this does give the beer a very appealing look. Unfortunately there was no head so the beer looked more like iced tea.

The aroma is very heavy on the iced tea with a faint Coors Light note. The taste is very light but I sort of already expected it to be. The regular Coors Light notes - light malt and adjuncts - are present but share taste buds with light iced tea flavours. The beer is not very sweet which is something I actually enjoyed.

The finish is a mixture of light malt, adjuncts and light iced tea flavours. Since I drank this very cold I enjoyed it a little. I can see this being very popular during the hotter summer days. If Coors had released this for Victoria Day (around the day, not months before it), they probably would have made some decent money.

Scores:
Cost - $2.35 for a can
Taste - 5.5/10
ABV - 4%

Overall - 5.5/10...Coors Light mixed with iced tea - refreshing

5 comments:

  1. Fascinating!! We get lots of beer/sprite and beer/cola and various fruit flavored shandies here in Germany, but I'd never seen iced tea + beer.

    I definitely need to try this next time we're in the US.

    Have you tried the Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka? Soooo good and dangerously drinkable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet, but it will be on my list next time I go to the US or outside our continent.

      Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  2. Won't Coors still make decent money for Victoria Day having this been released already? I would imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, for sure, but I think they could have done a huge campaign starting before Victoria Day to generate hype and releasing the Iced T for Victoria Day.

      Delete
  3. Mmmmm...got to try CLIT

    ReplyDelete