Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bacardi Oakheart Spiced Rum and Cola Review


Here is a new pre-mixed drink that recently appeared on the shelves of the local LCBO - spiced rum & cola. I love spiced rum and cola so I definitely had to try this. If I like it, I might just get a bottle of Bacardi's Oakheart and add it to my large Kraken collection.

The drink pours extremely fizzy and keeps on bubbling for a while. The aroma is sweet with hints of vanilla and cinnamon...and cola of course. The taste is a bit off balance and has a very strong rum flavour, however, it is one of the few premixed cola drinks that actually has a decent cola taste. Vanilla notes are present from the start while the cinnamon appears shortly after, but the main spiced character does not show up until well after the finish. The aftertaste has cola-like sourness and gives you the same mouth dryness, but the rum adds way too much sweetness. I can see myself getting sick after a couple of these, but at least the cola taste is one of the better ones I have had the pleasure of trying.

I still may buy Bacardi's Oakheart to try making my own spiced rum and cola drink with it.

Scores:
Cost - $2.70 for a can
Taste - 7/10
ABV - 7%

Overall - 7/10...great cola taste, but needs some balancing

No comments:

Post a Comment