Sunday, March 31, 2013

Mott's Clamato Caesar Original Review


I am a huge fan of Caesars (very similar to the thing that is called a Bloody Mary in the US) and I normally make them myself, but I just got a bit curious this weekend seeing the new can.

When I got home, I poured myself a tall glass, threw in a large celery stalk and took a sip. The pre-mixed cocktail is comparable to buying a bottle of Mott's Original Clamato and adding a shot or two of vodka, which is surprising because pre-mixed drinks, in my experience, are not very good. The drink is well balanced and the vodka doesn't bite as much as the spice does so if you don't like tasting the vodka, give this a shot.

For a plain Caesar, this is a pretty good drink right out of the can, but I recommend adding a few things to take it a notch higher - a few dashes of Worcestershire, Tabasco...and Cayenne???

Scores:
Cost - $2.90
Taste - 8.5/10

Overall - 8.5/10...surprisingly great tasting pre-mixed Caesar with a bite

No comments:

Post a Comment