Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Inniskillin Pinot Noir Review


It was a holiday...late...after LCBO had closed doors for the day...I was at LobLaws...and then I saw it - the Wine Rack. It was open...and it had booze. I popped in for a browse and walked out with a bottle of Inniskillin 2007 Pinot Noir as recommended by the lady working at the time. The wine was priced at $14.95 CAD and I was expecting something decent for the price. Fifteen dollars doesn't sound like much for a bottle of wine, but there are plenty of great, cheap wines at
the LCBO for around the same price, and even less.

As soon as I got home I popped the cork and poured myself a glass. My first impression was that it was not too dark, and that it looked a bit watery. The scent is a bit acidic with hints of berries. I am not good at identifying the type of of berries used in wine, but I could sense that typical berry smell. The wine was quite fruity to taste and not too bold. It was a bit rough, though it is only 12.5%, and a bit tartary and spicy. The immediate aftertaste was a bit fruity and quite strong. The aftertaste in the long run was slightly tartary and it lingered for a while. I thought it was an OK wine, but for $15 I think you can get a better red wine.

Scores:
Cost - 8/10
Taste - 6.4/10

Overall - 14.4/20...personally I would not buy this again if I want to spend only $15 on red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment