Monday, August 3, 2009

Thwaites Lancaster Bomber Review


This beer in my opinion is a bit complex. The first few sips that I had were on the sweeter side, which I did not quite like, but as I continued drinking, the taste started becoming slightly bitter. It was still a bit sweet, but it was also bitter. It is very hoppy, which is something I quite enjoy but it depends on the person drinking it. Holding a sip in my mouth I was able to taste the bitterness on the front and the sweetness on the back of my tongue. A bit of a different experience, but quite enjoyable. The immediate aftertaste is a bit on the sweeter side, but once it fades, the bold, bitter aftertaste comes and lingers for a while. Very enjoyable aftertaste. I liked this beer, but it may not be for everyone. If you wish to try something bolder/fuller taste, this is something you can give a chance.

Scores:
Cost - 7.8/10...$3.35 for a bottle of beer could be a bit too much for some, but it is worth it
Taste - 8.3/10

Overall - 16.1/20...judge it by its taste, taking the price into consideration lowered the score

1 comment:

  1. I just finished my first Bomber and I have to say I enjoyed it quite a lot. Bitter, with a hint of sweetness, nice aftertaste. I'd give it around 8.5/10.

    ReplyDelete