Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mill Street Tankhouse Ale Review


Today is time to try the Tankhouse Ale, an ale described as "deliciously complex and spicy ale". You can pick up a 6 pack of these from the LCBO (and the Beer Store presumably) for $12.55 CAD. I got mine from the 6 pack sampler I got. I absolutely love the sampler pack, I like the variety and I think it is a great way to try and experience some new brews.

The color of the ale is as dark as the bottle itself - deep walnut color. It is absolutely beautiful. The only other ale that I have had with such a deep color was the Fuller's Vintage Ale. Wow, this tastes amazing. I know it is only the third beer from the sampler pack, but it is already my favorite Mill Street beer. It is full bodied and very rich in flavour. It starts off bitter, with nutty hints, and finishes hoppy, a bit spicy and very nutty. The aftertaste is long and of roasted malt.
There was absolutely none of that typical lager skunk taste upon finishing this beer. I would have went for seconds if I had purchased a 6 pack of the Tankhouse Ale. I am sorry Germany, but this beer is better than Warsteiner Dunkel. Bravo Mill Street, bravo!

Scores:
Cost - $12.75 for the sampler and $12.55 CAD for a 6 pack
Taste - 8.9/10

Overall - 9/10...I would give this an extra 0.1 for the pleasant surprise. I was not expecting this beer to be as good

No comments:

Post a Comment