Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hockley Stout Review


I got this when I got the Hockley Dark and I finally found the time to crack this open and try it. I love the slogan - "pours like liquid midnight".

Well, it definitely is dark like midnight - dark brown with a burgundy hue. It pours with a finger thick head, which goes down relatively quickly leaving a nice ring around the glass. It smells a bit smoky with hints of coffee and roasted nuts. The beer is quite carbonated and it tastes malty
with hints of coffee, dark chocolate and roasted nuts. The finish is creamy and bitter. I love the long coffee/chocolate aftertaste and I would definitely buy this again.

Scores:
Cost - $2.65 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 8.1/10

Overall - 8.1/10...another excellent local brew

No comments:

Post a Comment