Friday, October 2, 2009

Innis & Gunn Blonde Review


I had to make an exception this time. I took a photo before I opened the beer because I wanted to share its beauty. Look at the bottle, the label and the color of this hand-crafted Scottish beer. It is simply stunning. A bottle goes for $3.45 CAD at most LCBO locations.

The beer is golden in color and pours with a thick, creamy head which takes some time to go down. It has a fruity, toasted malt smell with a hint of of oak, which in comparison to Leffe Blonde is much weaker. It has the typical Innis & Gunn oak taste but unlike their original beer, this one is fruitier. The finish is surprisingly refreshing despite the taste and the oak gives your mouth a very pleasant, prolonged earthy aftertaste. The 6% ABV in this beer can really be noticed unlike other strong beers. I am not a big fan of the original Innis & Gunn, but I do enjoy its unique taste every once in a while. This one is a bit better, but I still would not buy this regularly.

Scores:
Cost - $3.45 CAD for a 330 mL bottle
Taste - 6.8/10

Overall - 6.6/10...I had to deduct 0.2 because of the high cost/taste ratio. You can get much better tasting beers for the same price and for much less. The just taste does not justify the higher price

No comments:

Post a Comment