Friday, November 20, 2009

Wells Bombardier Review


Last week I had Wells Bombardier Burning Gold, a limited run beer, and I found it quite good but with a slightly steep price for it was. Today on my way home I picked up Wells Bombardier, which also has a similarly high price at $3.55 CAD for a 500 mL bottle.

The beer pours with a thick, creamy and lacy head, which recedes in a few minutes down to a centimeter thick foam island in the middle of the glass. The color is medium to dark brown with some red hues. The aroma is quite malty with hints of fruits, which makes it a bit sweet. The taste is bold, bitter with hops at the front and some fruity sweetness in the background. The finish is medium to long, spicy and bitter. This beer is bolder than the Burning Gold one and I think almost deserves the higher price.

Scores:
Cost - $3.55 CAD for a 500 mL bottle
Taste - 8.3/10

Overall - 8.3/10...a great English beer with all the right characteristics for me to fall in love with, but with a high price, which leaves me expecting more

No comments:

Post a Comment