Thursday, November 5, 2009

Wychwood Bah Humbug Christmas Cheer Ale Review


I absolutely love the label and the name of this beer - Bah Humbug! You can enjoy the beer and treasure the label for only $3.45 CAD.

The beer is medium brown in color with red hues. It pours with a medium head which takes a couple of minutes to recede. It has a very warm, sweet aroma that reminds me of sponge cake and those dense Christmas cakes with dried fruits in them. Some roasted malt makes its way as well. Wow, it actually tastes a lot like cake, like very moist fruit cake. It is sweet with hints of fruits and a bit of roasted malt. Some cinnamon is detectable, but I was expecting a lot stronger taste. Great medium to long finish. It starts off fruity and ends on a slightly bitter, hoppy note. Great beer, a perfect conversation starter. I would definitely get some more of these for the holidays.

Scores:
Cost - $3.45 CAD for a 500 mL bottle
Taste - 8.5/10

Overall - 8.6/10...I give it an extra 0.1 because I absolutely love that cake taste

No comments:

Post a Comment