We Have Moved

Check us out at our new home at www.whatidrinkathome.com

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Christoffel Nobel Dry Hopped Review


This little guy recently showed up on the shelves of the local LCBO so being the curious person I am, I just had to get a bottle to try it. At $3.05 per bottle is borderline pricey, but the high ABV makes everything OK.

First off, I am a sucker for swing tops, I just love them. I love that initial pop with the mist emerging from the opening. The beer pours with a short, finger thick lacy head. It has a cloudy appearance and its color is dark amber/honey with some mild red hues, absolutely beautiful. Its aroma is of hops with a distant sweet hint of honey. The beer is full bodied and very hoppy, which results in a long and bitter finish. I like bitter and hoppy beers so I like this one. The flavour is simple and there are no adjuncts or exotic notes. The high, 8.7%, ABV is masked quite well, but I can still get a sense of how potent this beer is.

Scores:
Cost - $3.05 CAD for a 330 mL bottle
Taste - 8.3/10

Overall - 8.3/10...potent hoppy beer, great for sipping

No comments:

Post a Comment