Monday, March 15, 2010

Domaine Jean Bousquet Malbec 2007 Review


I believe this is the first organic wine I will be reviewing on this blog. In fact, it is the first organic wine I will be trying so there isn't much to work with or compare it to. I checked out their website and I found out that this particular wine has won some small awards. A bottle of it does not cost much - $11.95 CAD.

The wine has a very deep, very dark, ruby red, almost purple color that does not allow any light through. On the nose are some spicy berry aromas. The taste is peppery and similar to the aroma but with some plum flavour making its way through the mouth. It is a decent wine, but the alcohol makes its way in the aroma and the taste, which brings down the overall experience a notch. I am not sure how this is any different from non-organic Malbecs.

Scores:
Cost - $11.95 CAD for a 750 mL bottle
Taste - 7.9/10

Overall - 7.9/10...decent Malbec with a unique peppery aroma and taste

No comments:

Post a Comment