Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nickel Brook Green Apple Pilsener Review


I got another new product just as I was checking out. This time there was a basket with 5-6 of these Nickel Brook's Green Apple Pilseners for $2.50 each. "Sure, why not?" - I thought to myself and added this late purchase to my take-home bag of goodies.

First off, I love this green color. The beer itself has a pale golden, champagne-like color and pours with a short to medium head which disappears almost instantaneously due to the liveliness. The aroma is a combination of apples, malt and hops and it is not very strong. The taste is a little weird with an artificial, diet-like apple flavouring at the start, which quickly turns malty and grassy. The finish is lightly hoppy with a very distant apple flavour which disappears quickly. The beer is not quite as refreshing as I thought and is just slightly better than Ephemere.

Scores:
Cost - $2.50 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 6/10

Overall - 6/10...light pilsener with a light apple taste

No comments:

Post a Comment