Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Schmucker Bio-Pils Review


And we are back after a long and unproductive Thanksgiving Weekend. I came back home with a variety of new beers and very little time to review them...there is always time for trying them though. Tonight I am in the mood for something lighter to go with my dinner and for that I have a bottle of Schmucker Bio-Pils, which is supposed to be an organic pilsener.

The beer pours with a very short and lacy head and I was surprised to find out that it is cloudy. It is pale straw in color and has a very typical pilsener aroma though with a bit more yeast and sweet malt. The taste is fairly refreshing and something I was not expecting. There are hints of dried fruits and citrus. The finish citrusy, malty and just a touch hoppy. Overall, I was not expecting this aroma and taste from Schmucker Bio-Pils, but I was pleasantly surprised by its slight uniqueness.

Scores:
Cost - $2.50
Taste - 6.9/10

Overall - 7/10...it deserves an extra 0.1 for its twist on a pilsener

No comments:

Post a Comment