Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Meantime Coffee Porter Review


I got this beer a few weeks ago, but completely forgot about it until the most recent desperate raid of the fridge on a Sunday night. The first thing that jumps put is, obviously the bottle, which by the way looks smaller in person.

Being a coffee porter, the beer has a very dark brown color which just almost looks black. It pours with a short to medium, tan head, which recedes quickly. The aroma is so coffee-like that the first time I took a sniff, I thought I was smelling roasted coffee beans. Once I got past the rich coffee aroma, I noticed some of the more subtle, sweet fruity notes. The taste is more of coffee and chocolate rather than just chocolate. Some sweet notes jump out, but they are easily drowned by the bitterness of the beer. The finish is sweet at first, but quickly turns to a combination of coffee and chocolate. The 6% is noticeable, though it plays a very good role keeping you warm.

Scores:
Cost - $3.15 for a 330 mL bottle
Taste - 8.1/10
ABV - 6%

Overall - 8.1/10...fantastic coffee porter with accompanying chocolate notes

No comments:

Post a Comment