Monday, June 13, 2011

Rogue Brutal IPA Review


Recently LCBO introduced a set of Rogue beers, which quickly became sold out where I live. Fortunately, I was traveling that weekend and I was able to score a bunch from other LCBO stores. Though I have had some of Rogue's beers before at various pubs, I haven't actually reviewed one on this site before. So here it is, the first of several Rogue reviews.

It comes to no surprise to some of the regular readers that I chose to start with the Brutal IPA given my IPA bias.

Rogue's Brutal IPA is amber orange in color, a touch hazy and pours with a medium thick, creamy head that has some nice lacing to it. As expected, the aroma is biscuity and floral and heavy on the hops. Underneath the strong floral aroma lie some very nice and inviting sweet dried fruits and citrus.

The taste is very hoppy...nay...veeeeeeery hoppy with fruity bittersweet hops, pine and citrus. The finish is hoppy with some bittersweetness. Overall, the beer was very enjoyable and highly recommended, especially if you are into IPAs.

Scores
Cost - $6.40
Taste - 8.9/10
ABV - 6.5%

Overall - 8.9/10...fantastic IPA

No comments:

Post a Comment