Monday, April 9, 2012

The Legendary Muskoka Spring Oddity 2012 Review


I love when Muskoka releases new brews and it always feels like a small Christmas when I pick up a bottle, or two, to try. I got a bottle of their latest - The Legendary Muskoka Spring Oddity from the Beer Boutique for a price I don't remember - it was one among many 6 packs of Flying Monkeys Smashbomb IPAs and Hoptical Illusions. I believe it was between $8 and $10...or not.

The beer has a golden color and pours with a thin, bubbly head. The aroma is heavy on wheat, citrus, herbs, spices and a bit of bubblegum and banana peel. Very Belgian-like.

The taste is strong with more wheat, citrus, bubblegum and banana peel notes, while the finish brings out the warm herbal and spicy tones. The beer starts off moderately sweet, but the sweetness builds up and half-way through I started to feel a headache coming. I like sampling beers like this, but I am not a huge fan of consuming large quantities. It is complex and enjoyable, but it is strong and there is plenty of it.

Scores:
Cost - $8 to $10
Taste - 7.2/10
ABV - 8%

Overall - 7.2/10...Belgian Ale-like

No comments:

Post a Comment