Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Faxe Premium Review


Tonight I am trying another cheap beer to populate the "cheap beer" section. This is Faxe Premium, a $2.00 CAD Danish lager.

The beer is golden in color and pours with a medium head which lingers for a bit and then recedes without much lacing. The aroma is not a very pleasant and inviting one. It is skunky with a strong alcohol scent. It has a watery mouth feel and a weak, alcoholic taste. There isn't much flavour other than malted cereal. The finish is hoppy, slightly bitter and more enjoyable than the taste. I don't know what it is about this beer, but half way through the can I was feeling more drunk than I usually do from a 5% beer. Towards the end of the can I was experiencing a slight headache and some skunk taste build up. Overall the beer is passable and would pick it over some domestics, but for the price I can find better ones at LCBO.

Scores:
Cost - $2.00 CAD for a 500 mL can
Taste - 5.7/10

Overall - 5.7/10...beats most domestics, but one can do better for the same price

No comments:

Post a Comment