Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout Review


I saw this for first time last Christmas on the LCBO website, but I was too late tracking it down so I had to wait for a year. This time, I made sure to get it as soon as it became available...the review is a different story. The beer sat in my fridge for a while, waiting for the right mood.

Being a stout, a black chocolate one at that, it has a very dark, very black color and pours with a tan, very thin head which does not stay for long. The aroma is very stout like with dark chocolate and espresso notes as well as a subtle sweet undertone similar to that of raisins. The taste is spectacular with a very bold dark chocolate and coffee flavour with roasted malt and very little sweetness. The finish is, once again, stout like with dark chocolate and bold coffee tones and very, very little sweetness. The 10% ABV is almost completely masked which is the one thing surprised me the most. That combined with the low sweetness level and the low-ish price is a recipe for a bad...no, an awesome night. Overall, this stout surprised me a lot and I will definitely buy it again.

Scores:
Cost - $2.95
Taste - 9.6/10
ABV - 10%

Overall - 9.6/10...perhaps the best chocolate stout I have ever had

No comments:

Post a Comment